Welcome to KA Building Products manufactures of KA Crystalline Tanking System
KA Tanking Slurry works on a crystalline system,where silica is absorbed into capillaries and fissures in the substrates of structures. Thousands of particles of silica penetrate up to 50mm and adhere to the capillaries in the structure permanently. It can be used both internally and externally and can be left as an external render or decorated upon. Within 48 hours wallpaper, tiles, plasterboard, paint or carpet can be used upon the surface.
After application the silica grows into crystals by absorbing moisture and ingressing into the build. When no moisture is present the silica will lay dormant, but if moisture ever does appear, the silica will reactivate and absorb it which, keeping mortars and structures completely dry. This is unlike a standard liquid coat water-proofing products, which merely adhere to the substrate, therefore no guarantees can be given. If the surface breaks due to frost, vibration, etc. then liquid coating products will often fail.
With KA Tanking Slurry, the more moisture available, the better the product will work. Under a microscope, the crystals are shown to grow into a water absorbing sheet - similar to glass - where the water-proofing will last for the lifetime of the structure.
- Over 3 million kilos sold in the UK in the last 5 years.
- LABC certificate: Approved for use in concrete substrates and rendered masonry walls to grade 3 protection.
- Silica formulation contains no polymers or resins, withstands acids, alkalies from gypsum based plasters and spirits beyond emissions from septic tanks, slurry pits and animal effluence - which is perfect
for farming situations.
- It is not harmful to humans, animals or fish. Can be used safely on stable floors, kennel floors, dairy walls, etc.
- Can be used as a Vapour barrier in place of Dpm and Dpc.
- Supplied in 25kg Rigid Plastic Buckets with a shelf life of 2 years. Eliminates losses incurred by paper sachets which are prone to splitting.
- A ten year guarantee application is available on request.
- Full WRAS certification for potable water (BS 6920).
- The product has been tested to withstand a minimum pressure of 7 bars which far exceeds other products.
- Tested and conforming to BS 6920, BS EN 12390-8 and BS 3921, UKAS accredited.
- One of the few water-proofing products that can be used safely in fishponds - meaning there is no need for a liner or pond paint. Fish can be introduced the day after application.
- Can be brush, trowel or spray applied (using a stucco or equivalent sprayer and a 90psi or above compressor).
- When upgrade or refurbishment work is carried out on concrete floors there is no need for a damp proof membrane (DPM).
- Available in two colours; standard grey for general use and white - for solar reflectivity and a decorated finish.
- Can be used on corrugated cement fibre roofing sheets and block and beam roofs for water-proofing and solar reflectivity.
- Coverage rate of 7-8m²/bucket for the 2 coat application (up to 16m² per coat, per bucket).
NOT JUST FOR BASEMENTS...
Safe for Use on Ponds, Reed Bed Water Recycling Systems and Drinking Water Tanks
KA Tanking Slurry is WRAS approved and tested to BS 6920. Used by zoological institutes.
Concrete treated with KA Tanking Slurry is fully recyclable whereas concrete which has an adhered membrane cannot be recycled.
Unlike membranes and other surface coatings, KA Tanking Slurry cannot be punctured or damaged during back-filling and does not deteriorate over time.
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
KA Crystalline Tanking Slurry contains no VOCs. This compares favorably with fluid applied membranes which contain significant amounts of VOCs.